Like any straight male who admits to watching the Oscars, I'm there for the foxy ladies and the chance at a nipple slip. The always tasteful and entertaining pageantry that comes as a free bonus reminds me these people truly deserve to be the exceptionalism on top of the de facto level of American Exceptionalism. They are America's royalty, and their chemical dependence, alcoholic binges, semi-informed stances on important topics of the day, cheesy tattoos, and imploding disposable marriages reaffirms that belief daily.
Just because they are American royalty doesn't mean I have to blindly do their bidding. Here in the United States, we have a long, proud tradition paid for in blood that allows me to choose to do the bidding of whichever extended basic cable personality talking head I choose. I cannot, and will not do that for Hollywood because they hate our country.
The latest proof? Last night's Oscar ceremony, where the Academy, in all of its French-worshipping wisdom, bestowed the highest honor our country has to offer, the Best Picture Academy Award, to The King's Speech over The Social Network - which just drips with made in the USA. Hollywood chose to honor the story of a stuttering weakling with his fancy clothes and accent learning how to talk (something I did at 29 months thank you very much) so he could avoid embarrassing himself when he had to beg Uncle Sam and George Patton to pull England's ass out of the Nazi fire.
The Social Network is an American story... have an idea that's the intellectual equivalent of those bottles that hang on hospital beds that you piss in when you can't make it to the toilet, and ride it to the stratosphere of billions of dollars. Facebook is America, and looking at recent events in the Middle East, maybe we should have sent Facebook into Iraq and Afghanistan if the goal was to give those countries the taste of American awesome that I assume every country totally wants.
Once again, Hollywood's actions force me to ask why they hate our country? They also sort of make me wonder why they hate real men? Sure, The Social Network is pure America, but even more pure America was True Grit, so when the overrated Social Network screenplay beat out True Grit, I had to wonder why were they celebrating dweebs over cowboys?
Who can crack the riddle of the left-wing liberal agenda?
No comments:
Post a Comment