Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sarah Palin, We're Officially Breaking Up

I wish I could use the "it's not you, it's me" opening here but I'm afraid it's truly you.  I earlier wrote about Sarah Palin's singular efforts to destroy our beloved country by contributing to the canklefying of America's daughters.  Now she's attacking our country's second non-cankled First Lady in American history (Jackie O, here's to you).

Mrs. Obama has accomplished so many great things in her life, but her Let's Move initiative is the closest to my heart.  Essentially it's this great country's rally cry of "No Fatties!" and it's a position I've held every time I wrote in my votes in each election since the mid-80s.  Now Ms. Palin has gone and attacked this initiative as well.

According to the fashion-pioneering journalist, Roland S. "S is for Style" Martin, Ms. Palin came out against the First Lady's initiative calling it one more intrusion of a big government into family life.  I don't understand... how can someone who clearly loves our flag so much...



be so intent on destroying our way of life with this inside job. ?

Compare the following and tell me which is more terrifying?
































Personally? I don't know because I can't tell the difference.  Can you?  That's just the kind of hard-hitting question Ms. Palin might have asked back in the days of he respected journalism career.  Today's Ms. Palin can't seem to face those same tough questions, constantly ducking behind her Twitter feed (the concept of which appalls me as a writer... you wouldn't tie down beautiful D-cups in a binding B-cup bra?  Why do that to the English language with Twitter?).  And Facebook, oh the humanity, Facebook.

Ms. Palin, I implore you.  Your television show is the cornerstone of the national treasure that is Reality TV.  Stick with that, run with that, but please leave the front lines of the war on cankles to those able to fight the good fight.

I know, this isn't in the spirit of Thanksgiving, but I'm skipping my family's gathering at the Compound in Darien, CT for reasons I won't get into now (but maybe later, damn you Father).  Oh well, off to my annual turkey day tradition of a Sex and the City marathon and pricey Pacific Rim take out.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Except you, Ms. Palin, we're through.  Prepare for the wrath of this tree falling the in the forest with no one there to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment