Monday, January 31, 2011

Taking a stand

Sometimes there comes a moment in people's lives where they are forced to look destiny in the eye and shout to the heavens,  "No further!  We draw the line here."  I assume this goes double when children are concerned, not that I'd know given how much I've spent on doctor's and lawyers to prove I'm not the baby daddy of any of those kids (you all know who you are).

So when Denise Richards tweets (Twitter?  For the love of...) "If you caught 'GMA' today..FYI.. No 'adult film star' will be babysitting our kids!" I'm likely to believe her.  I'd hate to be the porn star trying to get between a mother and her child, especially considering what Ms. Richard's character was capable of in Wild Things (no, not the champagne scene... which may be one of the finest in cinematic history).

Standards are not dead, except for those of the people who create a twitter account and say to themselves "I think I want to keep my finger on the pulse of Denise Richards' moment to moment existence."  I take that back, I'm sure if I spent 30 seconds on twitter, I could find a former reality TV star whose only current claim to fame would be twitter posts and "I want a baby" headline interviews to US Weekly.

That said, Ms. Richards still looks fantastic, may need to bust out my Wild Things/Starship Troopers Laser Disc twin pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment